Sunday, July 25, 2010

Phenom 2 940 upgrade on M2N32-SLI Premium and Deluxe by ASUS

A fast and cheap upgrade for the ASUS AM2 motherboard.
Contrary to other posts, the ASUS M2N32-SLI Premium and Deluxe motherboards WILL support this CPU... you need to do the following...

1. Upgrade to latest BIOS 1304 (for premium) or 1802 (for deluxe).
2. Install CPU.
3. Clear CMOS.
4. Disable HPET in BIOS power settings (to fix clock issue).
5. Disable C1E setting in BIOS CPU config (to fix clock issue).
6. Set RAM timing to 667 (otherwise it will not POST properly).
7. Enjoy your new CPU.

My friend and I both upgraded at the same time, and we love the processor. No issues encountered.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=286970

3 comments:

  1. try the bios here ...
    http://www.wimsbios.com/forum/topic11215.html

    Phenom II X4 940 worked fine without the workarounds on my board :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1353795

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a problem.

    I upgrade my CPU system. I have a M2N32-SLI Premium mobo and i install a Phenom II x4 940. Before that i have an Atlhon FX 64 and 4 banks of CORSAIR XMS2. When i run my PC with new CPU i have no response, no POST. So i try to install only 2 banks and system boot. I think that the problem is that the BIOS don't recognize DUAL CHANNEL mode with the new CPU (whit old Atholn system boot greatly!)
    I reset cmos before install and try 800 and 667 setting for RAM with 4 sticks but nothing. I try also only one stick each port and the result is that if the stick is in 1-3 slot system boot, instead is in 2-4 slot system dont post. I try also another PSU most powerfull (because new processor request more power) but anythig changes.

    Any ideas?

    Do you remember the proceedings for install? what's parameters for ram and cpu? do you install cpu with old bios or you upgrade before?

    this is my current conf:

    http://valid.x86.fr/b45sx3

    Please help me because i have just try various combination of setting (RAM Frequency, Manual set of CPU) and i couldn't fix.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete