Friday, April 1, 2011

Why Bob Parsons of GoDaddy is an Ass Hat

Although I used to recommend GoDaddy for website hosting, once my term runs out I will no longer be using them, and I encourage all to not use them either. CEO Bob Parsons' stand on game hunting of endangered species to further his own zest for machismo and publicity is morally repugnant. I am appalled at the century he seems to be living in, and I am very disappointed.

If Mr. Parsons truly wished to help feed people in Africa, I would think there are better ways of doing so that promote sustainabilty and not animal slaughter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/31/bob-parsons-godaddy-ceo-elephant-hunt_n_843121.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/04/peta-closes-godaddy-account-after-ceo-shoots-elephant.html

UPDATE:  GoDaddy also supported the SOPA and PIPA bills against internet freedom...

http://godaddyboycott.org/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-57350209-501465/did-go-daddy-sopa-boycott-work/

4 comments:

  1. yup, transferred my domains to namecheap.com today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I wish more people would follow suit and spend their money with a different host. It is tough, no question. GoDaddy has incredible support and makes it easy for novices to put up professional sites. AND they don't make changing easy. I did it. Right now my site is not as pretty or as easy to manage, but I have voted with my feet. I'll learn the new stuff and feel better because I am not associating with this "ass hat." We are too tolerate and forgiving. After what he did, he should have felt an economic hit. But people are primarily lazy and don't care about animals. I went with Bluehost and they are really good and tech support is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let everyone know... www.njcomputerguys.com has ended it's hosting with GoDaddy and is now hosted on Namecheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm moving my .coms to namesilo and .ca's to namecheap. fuck godaddy.. (if you don't mind me saying hehe) those morons are giving out $1-3 .coms then jacking up the renewal fees to $18/year. namesilo is a solid $9 per year free privacy.

    ReplyDelete